Magical Lamb Tagine
A "Food in a Minute" recipe that is surprisingly good.
- 5-6 tsp Gregg's Moroccan Seasoning (I used turmeric, cinnamon, and chilli as I had none)
- 6 lean lamb chops
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1/4 c chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 c Wattie's Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp corriander
- 2 sliced celery sticks
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 diced onion
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
2. In a tagine or deep non-stick frying pan with a lid, heat oil and brown chops on both sides, set aside.
3. Reduce heat, gently fry onion, carrots and celery in the remaining oil, until just tender. Stir in remaining Moroccan seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
4. Pour over Wattie’s Chopped Tomatoes in Juice with stock, stir to combine. Return chops to the pan, scatter over apricots, cover and simmer very gently for 50-60 minutes, or until the chops are tender.
5. Stir through Wattie’s Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce, season with pepper and coriander. Serve with couscous.