Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rodini (Focaccia) and Pretzels

I had nothing to do today, so naturally, I cooked. I made pasta from scratch which I highly recommend, it's just 3/4c high grade flour to 1 egg per person, then you knead it, leave it at room temperature for an hour and then roll it out really thin on a floured surface and do whatever you like with it, (ie ravioli, fettuccine, spaghetti, linguini, lasagna...). There are 0 pictures of the pasta because I whipped up a basic bolognese sauce for it which Jonny demolished in seconds. THANKS JONNY IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

I did, however, manage to get photos of the pretzels. I was a bit disappointed with them, mainly because they were too salty and not crunchy enough. I think the secret there is perhaps to make them thinner and use less salt (derp).


I also made Rodini which I've blogged about before (winning recipe, see here). This was probably the best one I've done, look at the texture! Holy moly!


It all went okay in the end, the good outweighed the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment